High Hardness Black Silicon Carbide Particulate for Sandblasting/Lettering
|FOB Price:||US $800 / Ton|
|Min. Order:||1 Ton|
|Min. Order||FOB Price|
|1 Ton||US $800/ Ton|
|Production Capacity:||800mt Per Month|
|Payment Terms:||L/C, T/T, Western Union, Paypal|
- Model NO.: XG-SC-002
- Feature: Long Time Materials
- Shape: Powder, Partical/Bulk
- Name: Green Refractory Silicon Carbide
- Sic: 98.5%or Above
- Usage: Polishing/Grinding/Sandblasting/High-Grade Refract
- Color: Black
- Grain Density: 3.95-3.97g/cm3
- Trademark: Xingguang
- Specification: COA
- HS Code: 2849200000
- Refractoriness (℃): Refractoriness> 2000
- Type: Refractory Material
- Material: Sic, Silicon Carbide (Sic)
- Appearance: Black Partical/Bulk
- Place of Origin: Henan, China (Mainland)
- Abrasive Grain Sizes: 12-240#
- Delivery Time: Within 7 Days
- Mohs Resistant: 9.56
- Transport Package: 25 Kg/Plastic Bag, 1mt Jumbo Bag or as Required.
- Origin: China
Silicon Carbide Silicon carbide (SiC), also known as carborundum, is a compound of silicon and carbon with chemical formula SiC. It occurs in nature as the extremely rare mineral moissanite. Silicon carbide powder has been mass-produced since 1893 for use as an abrasive. Grains of silicon carbide can be bonded together by sintering to form very hard ceramics which are widely used in applications requiring high endurance, such as car brakes, car clutches and ceramic plates in bulletproof vests. Electronic applications of silicon carbide as light emitting diodes and detectors in early radios were first demonstrated around 1907, and nowadays SiC is widely used in high-temperature/high-voltage semiconductor electronics. Large single crystals of silicon carbide can be grown by the Lely method; They can be cut into gems known as "synthetic moissanite". Silicon carbide with high surface area can be produced from SiO2 contained in plant material.
Electrical conductivity Silicon carbide is a semiconductor, which can be doped n-type by nitrogen or phosphorus and p-type by aluminium, boron, gallium or beryllium. Metallic conductivity has been achieved by heavy doping with boron, aluminium or nitrogen. Superconductivity has been detected in 3C-SiC: Al, 3C-SiC: B and 6H-SiC: B at the same temperature of 1.5 K. Or aluminum. A crucial difference is however observed for the magnetic field behavior between aluminum and boron doping: SiC: Al is type-II, same as Si: B. On the contrary, SiC: B is type-I. In attempt to explain this difference, it was noted that Si sites are more important than carbon sites for superconductivity in SiC. Whereas boron substitutes carbon in SiC, Al substitutes Si sites.
It is produced at high temperature in an electric resistance type furnace with quartz sand and petroleum coke as its main raw materials. Made into different grain size through crystal, choosing, crashing, magnetic, separating, screening, washing. It is classified into black silicon carbide and black silicon carbide. Mechanical intensity of it is higher than fused alumina. Small coefficient of expansion, brittle property and good thermal conductivity.
1. For abrasives, grinding of electronics, metallurgical additive.
2. For special ceramics, foam ceramics, modification of coating and plastics,
3. For auto parts, war industry and aviation, steelmaking
4. For abrasive and cutting tools and Cutting disks made of SiC
5. For grinding, honing, water-jet cutting and sandblasting.
6. For grinding non-ferrous materials, rock, stone, leather, rubber, hard materials
7. For bonded abrasive tools, lapping and polishing, metallurgical additive and refractory material.
|Size||SiC (%)||Free carbon||Fe2O3|